Bathrooms are small spaces, but it’s amazing what you can do here to spruce them up. Because they are smaller than other rooms in the house, every little detail counts.
Here are 12 simple bathroom ideas.
1. Crystal pitcher used as a vase to hold fresh Peonies
2. Vintage trophy to hold soaps and bath scrubs
3. Chair in bath (great to changing clothes or to hold towels.)
4. Small table used to old soap and towels
5. Decorative plate used to hold lilac scented soap
6. Edison light in lamp to use for a night light when a regular bulb wold be too much.
7. Smaller mirrors over sinks providing more room for artwork
8. Using an armoire as a linen closet and for a full-length mirror
9. Hidden plugs and storage for hair dryer and toothbrushes
10. Storing bath salts in big glass jars (use a tea cup as a scoop)
11. Using a vintage chandelier in the bathroom. (Check with a licensed electrician first.)
12. Use decorative hooks to hang fluffy robes.
So those are my bathroom ideas, what are yours?
Thank you Anita, I really love the the little floral pitcher that holds the roses.
Teri S says
I would NEVER hang a light source over a bath tub. Safety first! Otherwise, lovely ideas.
Marlene Stephenson says
Good ideas,you have a beautiful bathroom. Thank you Anita.
Where oh where did you find that cutie patootie glass jar with the label “Original Storage Company”? I’m in love with it!
There is some gorgeous inspiration here, I would love to re do both the main bathroom and ensuite in our home as we inherited a contemporary look that I am not happy with. These images have inspired me to think about how I could improve the look until we are ready to renovate.
Janet George says
Your suggestions and your bathroom are wonderful, Anita. Everything is perfection. I have the worlds smallest bathroom and share it with a not so neat husband. My home is small but is decorated in a French found object style. I love it but the bathroom drives me crazy. Thank you for a beautiful escape to your luxurious bath. Just lovely!
Doré @ BurlapLuxe says
Love your bathroom the most here, I love that your armoire softens the harder edges of the more formal marbled effect and tiled flooring, the basket on top is a perfect touch to creating a European feel.
See you and your loveliness soon.
Love your blog and beautiful ideas. One point of information…according to Underwriter Laboratories and hair dryer manufacturers, hair dryers should not be left plugged in and unattended. When left plugged in even in the off position there is still electricity flowing into them. The concept of neat storage is super but leaving them plugged in is unsafe.
Wow! Beautiful touches in a beautiful room. Could you tell me more about your tub, cast iron or acrylic, is it comfy for soaking?
Angie, it is cast iron and very comfy with a bath pillow.
I love these ideas, especially hiding your toothbrush and hair-dryer in the drawer! Thanks again!
Tres jolis, Anita!!!!
Marsha Melonakos says
I love the mirrors and light fixtures. Where did you get them?
Cindy Bridges says
Good ideas. What would you suggest for a small bath?
Please tell me where to find the outlet that can be used in a pull out drawer. I am trying to find one. Thanks
It’s just a plain old outlet, nothing special about it. You can use an outlet you find at Home Depot or Lowes!!