And secondly I slipcovered it because of what it looked like underneath.
I still like it, but it not longer works in my bedroom, since my bedroom when from red to this.
This slipcover was easy to make, but not so easy to explain. Usually I try to tightly follow the curves of the piece I am slipcovering, but I knew I could not design a snug-fitting slipcover for the pouf, without removing the tassels, so I decided a box design would work best.
I sewed on the buttons using an attachment on my sewing machine. I admit I did cheat by not making proper button holes, so these button are simply decorative and not functional. The reason I made fake button holes, is that the cover is easily removed by simply lifting it up, so there is no need to button and unbutton the slipcover.
The fabric was a remnant purchased at a nearby fabric store. This project took a few hours of my time a few yards of fabric.
To see more of this bedroom, click here.
Enter your email address:
Delivered by FeedBurner